National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The Lifeline is a free, confidential crisis hotline that is available to everyone 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Lifeline connects callers to the nearest crisis center in the Lifeline national network. These centers provide crisis counseling and mental health referrals. People who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have hearing loss can contact the Lifeline via TTY at 1-800-799-4889.
Crisis Text Line - Text “HELLO” to 741741
The Crisis Text hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the U.S. The Crisis Text Line serves anyone, in any type of crisis, connecting them with a crisis counselor who can provide support and information.
- Veterans Crisis Line - Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1 or text to 838255
The Veterans Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource that connects veterans 24 hours a day, seven days a week with a trained responder. The service is available to all veterans, even if they are not registered with the VA or enrolled in VA healthcare. People who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have hearing loss can call 1-800-799-4889.
- Therapists in Maine
- Self-injury and recovery resources
- Maine Crisis Text-Call Line: Can do home visits, community or school visits should need be. Maine Crisis Hotline (24 hrs) 1-888-568-1112
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
- The State of Maine's Child Abuse Hotline: Staffed 24 hours a day. 1-800-452-1999
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-866-834-HELP(4357) This number gives you information on domestic violence, crisis counseling, and emotional support.