When requesting any vital record it is helpful to call our office (207-829-5559) ahead of time! The fee for a certified copy is $15.00 for the first copy and $6.00 for every consecutive copy.
Birth Certificates may be obtained from:
1. The city or town in which the child was born
2. The city or town in which the mother was living at the time of the birth
3. The State Department of Vital Statistics located in Augusta, ME.
-Certified copies of birth certificates can be issued to the child or child’s parents.
-Birth records can be requested over the phone or in writing through the mail by indicating the child’s full birth name, date of birth, and parents full name(s). Send your request, a copy of your photo ID, along with a check payable to the Town of Cumberland. (Town Clerk’s Office, 290 Tuttle Road,Cumberland, ME 04021)
Death Certificates may be obtained from:
1. The city or town in the municipality where the person passed away
2. The city/town hall of the place of residence of the deceased
3. The Bureau of Vital Statistics in Augusta.
Death Certificates may be issued to anyone who has a legitimate interest in the decedent.