3) have been a resident of Cumberland for at least 10 years
4) have a combined household income that does not exceed $75,060.
Please fill out the attached application. Upon completing the application, please contact Jessica Dwyer at 558-9124 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting to finish the process. Only one application per household is allowed for this program.The deadline to apply is August 9, 2018.
The purpose of this program is to provide property tax assistance to residents 70 years of age and over who reside in the Town of Cumberland. Under this program, the Town of Cumberland will provide refund payments to those individuals who maintain a homestead in the Town of Cumberland and meet the established criteria. Applications for the program are available in late July of each year and Town Officials meet with eligible applicants in August.
In order to participate in the property tax assistance program, an applicant shall demonstrate all of the following:
1. The applicant shall be 70 years of age or more at the time of application.
2. The applicant shall have a homestead in the Town of Cumberland at the time of the application and for the entire year prior to the date of application.
3. The applicant has been a resident of the Town of Cumberland for at least 10 years immediately preceding the date of application for participation in the Program.
4. The applicant shall meet the income application and eligibility criteria set forth in Chapter 261: Article 1 §§ 261-4 and 261-5.