The Cumberland Police Department, like many agencies in our area, deploys a radar speed display during the spring, summer and fall months. Our radar speed display is effective at calming traffic, and communicating with motorists in real time to increase awareness of vehicle speeds in locations around town that cause concern. The speed display is a valuable tool, allowing the police department to affect motorists’ behavior when an officer is not able to be present.
In addition, the radar speed display gathers valuable data on the numbers of vehicles which pass it, as well as the speed of those vehicles. This data can help us better understand the true patterns which exist and can further aid us in our enforcement and safety efforts. We work to place the trailer in a new location every week, and will post the speed report from those locations here for your review. If you have any questions about our speed display, please feel free to contact Chief Rumsey.
- Blanchard Road (Eastbound from house #47) - April 30th-May 6th
- Foreside Road (Northbound from house #232) - May 14th-May 21st
- Gray Road (Southbound from #165) - July 2nd-8th
- Greely Road (Southbound from house #247) - June 18th-June 24th
- Harris Road (Northbound from house #191) - June 27th-July 1st
- Main Street (Southbound from house #240) - May 7th-May 13th
- Middle Road (Northbound from house #141) - May 29th-June 18th
- Orchard Road (Southbound from house #14) - July 9th- July 15th
- Range Road (Westbound from house #226) - May 21st-May 29th