Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 7:00pm
Cumberland Town Hall
290 Tuttle RoadCumberland, ME 04021
To view the agenda for this meeting, please visit the Planning Board page.
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 7:00pm
Town of Cumberland Planning Board
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Live and Zoom (Hybrid) Meeting
Town Hall Council Chambers - 290 Tuttle Rd., Cumberland, ME
Zoom Meeting Link: https://bit.ly/3rMOd9n
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Minutes of the April 20, 2021 meeting.
D. Staff Site Plan Approvals: MSAD #51. Expansion of 8 portable classrooms to 10.
E. Minor Change Approvals: None.
F. Hearings and Presentations:
1. Public Hearing: Sketch Plan Review for a 3 lot Major Subdivision, Ross Estates, on a 12.41-acre parcel located on Blanchard Rd. Ext., Tax Assessor Map R08, Lot 68i in the Rural Residential 2 (RR2) Zoning District. Applicant/Owner: Stonewood Land, LLC. Representative: Kevin P. Clark, PLS, Sitelines Civil Engineers and Surveyors.
2. Public Hearing: Preliminary Major Subdivision Review for a 14 lot (13 homesites) subdivision, Blanchard Oaks, on a 51.78-acre parcel located at 365 Blanchard Rd. Extension, Tax Assessor Map R08, Lot 68A in the Rural Residential 2 (RR2) Zoning District. Applicant/Owner: Chris Axelson. Representative: Travis Letellier, P.E. Northeast Civil Solutions, Inc.
3. Public Hearing: Site Plan and Subdivision Amendment for an additional three residential apartment units within one 3,312 sf single story building at 5 Emerald Drive. The 3.1-acre site is located on Tax Assessor Map U21, Lot 1 in the Village Office Commercial 1 (VOC 1) Zoning District. Applicant/Owner: Andrew Hagerty. Representative: Alton Palmer, P.E., Gorrill Palmer Engineers.
4. Pre-Application Presentation for a proposed 50-unit residential condominium building to be located at 100 US Route 1. The 3.16-acre parcel is shown on Tax Assessor Map R01 Lot 13 in the Office Commercial (South) Retail, Restaurant, Multiplex Dwelling, Mixed-Use Overlay District. Owner: David Spellman. Representative, Dan Diffin, P.E., Sevee and Maher Engineers.
5. Public Hearing: Recommendation to the Town Council on an Amendment to Section 250 Subdivision of Land for: 1) Section 250-3 Definitions: to add a definition of Sketch Plan Review; 2) Section 25—17A to remove requirement for the Sketch Plan step from the major subdivision review process when a Planning Board Workshop as per Section 250-14B has been held.
6. Public Hearing: Recommendation to the Town Council on an Amendment to Section 229 Site Plan Review section 2.C.3 to amend the minor staff review column to indicate “5 acres or less”.
- Administrative Matters/New Business:
Planning Board Meeting Steps
- Chair announces the agenda item; turns it over to Town Planner.
- Town Planner provides the overview, history, and status of the project.
- Board asks questions of Town Planner.
- Chair introduces Applicant (or Applicant’s representative) to make presentation.
- Board asks questions of the Applicant.
- Chair opens public hearing.
- Members of the public (if any are present) speak.
- Chair closes public hearing.
- Board discusses project.
- Motion to approve or deny any requested waivers.
- Review the draft Findings of Fact as prepared by the Town Planner. Adopt as written or amended.
- Consider the proposed conditions of approval as prepared by the Town Planner. Adopt as written or amended.
- Motion to approve the project with the Standard and Proposed Conditions of Approval. (Or a motion to deny or table the application)