The Town of Cumberland Fire Department is accepting applications for the full-time position of Paramedic/Firefighter.
We are looking for a positive and motivated individual to join our family. The desired candidate should be a Maine licensed Paramedic or Advanced EMT (must become a paramedic within 24 months) and be Firefighter I & II Certified. This position is responsible for the efficient performance of required duties in conformance with the rules, regulations and policies established by the State, Town and the Fire Department. Duties shall consist of a number of fire and EMS responsibilities necessary to ensure the stability and safety of our community. This full-time opportunity offers a generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate degree preferred
- Must hold at least a valid Maine Advanced EMT License (and will be required to obtain and maintain a Paramedic license within 24 months)
- NFPA Firefighter I & II Certification
- Must hold and maintain a valid State of Maine Class C Driver’s License
- Must be able to work rotating 24 hour shifts
- National Incident Management System IS 100, 200 & 700
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check
- Post job offer, the candidate must complete a Job Placement Assessment
Return the employment application with cover letter, resume, three letters of professional reference, a copy of current Maine AEMT or Paramedic License, AVOC/EVOC, NFPA Firefighter I & II certificates and any other professional certifications to the Town of Cumberland Human Resources (mail, fax or email):
Brenda Moore, Human Resources Director
Town of Cumberland
290 Tuttle Road
Cumberland, ME 04021
(207) 829-2224 (fax)