The Town is preparing for our Annual Senior Tax Assistance program that occurs in early August. Letters and applications will be mailed out this week to previous applicants. To be eligible for the program, you must meet all of the following qualifications:
- 70 years of age or older
- Homestead in the Town of Cumberland
- Resident of the Town of Cumberland for at least 10 years
- Combined household income does not exceed $91,000
How to Apply:
During the first week of August, stop by Cumberland Town Hall during the drop-in hours listed below. A staff member will review your application in 5 minutes or less. No appointment necessary!
- Monday, August 2nd: 9-11am
- Tuesday, August 3rd: 9-11am
- Wednesday, August 4th: 1-4pm
What to Bring:
When you come to Cumberland Town Hall, please bring the following with you:
- A copy of your 2020 tax filing (If you do not file taxes, please bring 1099’s or other forms to document income.)
- Renters: a copy of your lease.
If you have any questions about the Senior Tax Assistance program, please contact Whitney Miller at 558-9124 or email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you in August!