Every year, Cumberland residents come together to celebrate Memorial Day with a parade, race, and community concert! The event will be held rain or shine! (In the event of bad weather, the celebration will be held in the Greely High School gym.)
Here’s a list of the morning’s activities:
- 8:00am: Kids Fun Run on the Greely High School track
- 8:00-8:30am: Community Band Performance on the front lawn of the high school
- 8:30am: 5K Run & Remember Race
- 10:00am: Parade
- 10:30am: Monument Ceremony in Moss Side Cemetery w/guest speaker Brigadier General Gerald Bolduc
Please join us with family and friends for this wonderful community-filled morning to honor and remember the men and women who have lost their lives while serving our country.
Road Closures for the upcoming Memorial Day Celebration:
-Main Street will be closed for 10 minutes for the 5K race from 8:25-8:35am.
-Tuttle Road will be closed from the MIW Entrance to the intersection from 10-10:30am for the start of the parade.
-Main Street will be closed from Tuttle Road to Pinewood Drive from 10-11:15am during the parade.
If at all possible, please seek alternate routes for the morning! Traffic will be diverted during the road closures, northbound traffic at Prince Memorial Library and Southbound traffic at Pinewood Drive.
-Fun Run: (ages 12 & under): 8am @ Greely Track
-5K Road Race: 8:30am in front of Greely High School
- In person or by mail: Cumberland Recreation Department, 290 Tuttle Road, Cumberland, ME 04021
- Online: www.running4free.com
- Race Day Registration: Greely High School "Commons" Gymnasium 7-8am
For more information, please contact Peter Bingham at 829-2208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A portion of the proceeds will be dedicated to the Cumberland Veterans' Memorial.
The Cumberland Historical Society will be holding an Open House on Memorial Day! Stop by between 9am-1pm to learn more about the history of our town.